Monday, October 10, 2011

Sweet Tooth

On the eve of this Canadian Thanksgiving, I know I am not the only one sitting back and thinking "I ate way too much, I feel like crap!'

Top of Mazinaw Rock, overlooking Mazniaw Lake (the deepest
lake in Ontario) and Bon Echo Provincial Park.
Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents spent the weekend at the my parents house and boy did we eat! We haven't seen each other for a few months as they live in Hamilton, ON. We ate lasagna, and chicken, and turkey with all the fixings. Of course you can't forget all the munchies and cheesecake! I had a great time visiting with my family, which also included a trip to Bon Echo Provincial Park. I won't be seeing them again until Christmas, and I ate like I wouldn't eat again until then as well.

I woke up this morning feeling bloated, and tired along with a few new pimples. I thought you were supposed to stop getting pimples when you became an adult? Not this girl! Lately I've felt that I consume way too much sugar, I need to stop baking! So, starting tomorrow I am cutting out all refined sugar from my diet. If I feel like I need something sweet, I will have a little bit of maple syrup (which my family made earlier this year). This means no more sugar in coffee, no more snacking on cookies during break at work, no more chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Lord, help me!

The main reasons in cutting sugar out of my diet is to feel better over all. I think I will have more energy, my skin will be clearer, and I wouldn't mind to drop a few pounds either. I think my husband and son will benefit from this as well. Although, we strictly limit the amount of sugar DS gets. I think the first week will be the hardest, but I plan on sticking to it and posting updates on here. Wish me luck, because I will clearly need it!

Have you ever given something up for a long period of time? Any tips when I want to cave?


No comments:

Post a Comment