Sunday, October 2, 2011

What We've Been Up to...

Well it certainly has been a while, close to a year in fact. Winter, Spring and Summer have all come and gone and Autumn has arrived. We are still a little family of 4 - Hubby, H, and Harley our furry baby. We hope to add another baby in the very near future. Here is a little taste of what we have been up to;

In August, Mike and I travelled to Las Vegas for vmWorld. Mike is into vmWare, and it has something to do with virtualization and technology - I don't quite know. I know Mike was in his element here, as it is his passion. We went for 5 days and for 4 of those days I didn't see my husband from 6am to 7pm (sometimes later.) We attended Tweetups, and different parties throughout the time we were there. I was lucky enough to score a pass to the vmWorld party where The Killers were playing. I enjoyed my time in the evenings with Mike, drinking free wine, and meeting some wonderful people. Now, you may think I am crazy when I say this, but I did not like Las Vegas one bit. We aren't the gambling/drinking our faces off type. I think the stay was too long, especially when you are by yourself 80% of the time. I don't think I would visit Vegas again, this trip was almost free however, so I shouldn't complain.
vmworld 2011 - The Venetian Las Vegas


Looking for chipmunks
Fun at the Madoc Fair

Not quite sure of the sheep, he thought they were too loud and was scared of them "baaaaing"


Not the greatest pic of me in front of the waterfalls at Wynn, where we stayed in Vegas.

We are still busy working away on the house. We plan on re-tiling our fireplace in the next few weeks. Good bye old, dark brick. Hello beautiful slate tiles. I will be sure to post pics of the before and after. 


No comments:

Post a Comment