Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Petite & Lumpy

Lumpy...this is how I have been feeling these days. I am a normal 27 year old woman constantly struggling with my weight. Since having H, my body looks like a road map filled with hills and valley's. But, I love food, especially chocolate in any form and poutine. I acclaim my "I can eat poutine every day for dinner" phase while I was pregnant to gaining close to 50 lbs in 9ish months. Isn't that an obscene number?

 So tiny on our wedding day

When DH and I first found out we were expecting we had been married for a month. I was the tiniest I had been since high school weighing in at 108 lbs. Some may argue that 108 lbs is too tiny, but not for this 4 ft. 11 inch Momma. Yep, I am very short but, I like petite little me. I just wish I was skinny petite little me rather than plumply petite me.

I finally started to do something about this little weight situation! I joined Weight Watchers online and I started running every other night. I would love to do Yoga again, and will do the P90X version of Yoga if I have time, but, I never have time as I have a toddler that is the never ending Energizer bunny. I wish I had his energy! 

 DH and I were in Montreal last week for his work. We had a great time hiking Mont Royal, and just walking around Old Montreal and exploring this beautiful city. The downside: we ate out for almost every meal. We went to some beautiful restaurants with DH's co workers which of course included delicious fruity beverages, great laughs and late night ice cream treats. We are already planning a trip back in the Fall, hopefully to catch a Habs game.

 View of Montreal from somewhere on Mont Royal.
I heart this city :)

When I got home I jumped on the scale and my weight was the same :) It took me a few days to get back into my exercise and tracking regiment, but I am back in it and feeling great! I hope this blog helps me stay true to my new lifestyle so I don't cheat. Does anyone else fall of the bandwagon in terms of eating healthy when they go on vacation? Any tips you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment